Acupuncture is a 5,000 year old healing art involving the placement of sterile acupuncture needles in anatomical locations to create a therapeutic effect. The Chinese call this balancing the QI (“Chi”),
Benefits of Acupuncture include:
- Safety: One of the safest forms of medical treatment when administered by a properly trained veterinarian.
- Pain: Usually painless.
- Side effects: Rare and substantially less common than with many drugs and other accepted conventional treatments.
- Integrated Medicine: Can be used in combination with conventional Western therapies.
Commonly treated conditions include:
- Pain and inflammation
- Orthopedic and neurological conditions
- Gastrointestinal disorders or signs, nausea, vomiting
- Immune regulation
- Internal organ dysfunction
- And in combination with conventional cancer protocols