Aqua Paws K-9 Underwater Treadmill System
The Aqua Paws K-9 Underwater Treadmill System allows early intervention which minimizes muscle loss and joint degradation, and provides faster rehabilitation, optimal return to function, and improved quality of life.
Beneficial properties of the Underwater Treadmill include:
- Buoyancy: Assists animals who have difficult standing or balancing. Joints are unloaded allowing easier movement with minimal concussion and friction.
- Thermal Qualities: 85-92 degree warm water improves circulation, muscle elasticity and range of motion, decreasing pain and promoting healing.
- Resistance: Water resistance provides excellent strengthening as well as cardiovascular conditioning.
- Hydrostatic pressure: Water pressure improves circulation back to the heart and decreases swelling of the joints and tissues.
Commonly treated conditions include:
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Post-traumatic injury
- Hip dysplasia, arthritis
- Herniated (“slipped”) disk
- Weakness and paralysis
- Weight control
- Fitness and conditioning